Re: [Chrysler300] Transplant Check

Rich Barber wrote:
>   I continue to do battle to get a decent starter in our 1955 C-300.  A
> rebuild by a so-called pro failed mechanically.  I did find a rusty boat
> anchor in a salvage yard with the proper part number, but am reluctant to
> install it.  Then, I found a rebuilt unit in my garage that I had bought on
> e-Bay three years ago.  The rebuilt unit LOOKS just like the original
> unit(s), but has different Chrysler and Auto-Lite part numbers.
>
> Does anyone have a good cross reference book/chart to see what kind of car,
> truck or industrial unit the rebuilt unit may have come from and whether it
> will effectively interchange into our 1955 C-300 with the original 331 cubic
> inch hemi?  The replacement starter is marked 6-Volt, positive ground and
> I'm guessing it might be for the '53-'54 Chrysler hemis???  Or, maybe a
> truck or industrial unit???
>
> Original (for all 1955 Chrysler and DeSoto 6-Volt cars):
> Chrysler: 1604480
> Auto-Lite:  MCL 6304
>
> My rebuilt spare:
> Chrysler: 1527689
> Auto-Lite:  MCL 6121A
>
> I do have an interchange CD on order, but have not received it yet.
>
> Thanks in advance for your R&D.
>
> C-300'ly,
> Rich Barber
> Brentwood, CA
> 1955 C-300

autolite mcl-6121A  1955 C67, C68, C69 (canada)

SAME armature, brush set, C.E. Head assembly, brush springs and field
coil package as the MCL-6304
according to my autolite book

so C67 was a Windsor,  C68 NewYorker/300, and C69 Imperial
from my reccolections

--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy