[Chrysler300] Re: c300 at Barrett-Jackson

[Chrysler300] Re: c300 at Barrett-Jackson

As for the price of the car I just think that is a reflection of our
current economy.  Not sure if you noticed but the cars at this years
B/J are nowhere near the type of cars there in the past.  No one is
taking a chance on the "No reserve" selling style B/J requires.  I
was very disapointed in the inventory this year and actually the
whole event and shocked at the $45.00 entry
fee.
  --- In Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mwl1967@... wrote:

> In a message dated 1/17/2009 2:20:52 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
> wmdgrn@... writes:
>
> Can  anyone shed some light on why the '55 c300 went for less than
> $30,000 at  auction today? I am totally baffled and worried about
the
> value of my  c300.
>

> I saw it Thursday night but didn't inspect it very closely. It
looked like  a
> decent car; if I make it back tomorrow I'll take a closer look. My
general
> impression during the 4 hours I was there was that there were some
bargains to
> be had on some very nice "driver" cars with minor modifications and
although
> the  numbers matching muscle cars held their values better prices
were still
> way  down.
>
> If you've never been to B-J you can't believe what you always see
on TV.
> while there are some very , very well done cars there's also a lot
of scary
> junk. Cars often touted as "frame-off" restorations are simply
spray-bombed  black
> or undercoated underneath.
>
> My .02 . . . don't "worry" about the value of your 300 ; it's a
car, insure
> the heck out of it, love it and drive it while gas is relatively
cheap. If you
>  really need to worry about something I'd suggest the state of our
economy,
> our  politicians, or world terrorism. Take your pick.
>
> Mike Laiserin
> Phoenix, AZ  - Where for the first time in many years it's Not
crappy
> weather during B-J week but there's no 300 winter meet in town   :(
> **************A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in
just 2 easy
> steps!
> (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1215855013x1201028747/aol?