[Chrysler300] Re: F window removal

Neal,

This is NOT an easy task. First of all, it is slightly dangerous. There is a lot of energy
stored in the window regulator spring and it will swing violently when separated from
glass (yes, I speak from experience).

There are small spring steel washers which need to be compressed and slid off the posts
(in conjunction) which connect the glass to the regulator. These are tough with the
reg/glass assembly still in the door. Then, the added thickness of the new leather makes
it really hard to sandwhich everything back together for reassembly.

Getting the impression I didn't have fun with my G hardtop? It has to be one of the things I
look forward to the least when considering the restoration of my rusty G conv.

I'd offer to help, but I'm out the door to San Diego (man is this convenient!).

Richard Osborne

--- In Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Neal Thomas <mr300f@...> wrote:

> Hi Group
>
> I'm interested in removing the glass from the doors on my F for the
> purpose of replacing the leather washers and bushings.  All the windows
> work but at varying speeds so I thought it's time for some maintenance.
> I can see the clips using a mirror but can't seem to see a way to get
> them off.  Anyone have experience with this?
>
> Thanks
> Neal Thomas
> Pickerington  OH
>
> 300F