[Chrysler300] 300s resto Q? & gas vapor locks?

[Chrysler300] 300s resto Q? & gas vapor locks?

2nd part first - is ethanol blend gas/petrol more likely to vapour lock in hot weather, over non ethanol fuel?.  Yesterday it was 118 degrees, and it too hot middle of the day driving round in open TBird, so I got my driver 300C out, and driving off from lights after about 20 mins of same such use, it vapour locked briefly as it hit top gear on part throttle at about 40 mph.  I have never had vapour lock issues before re this car, however it could either be the 10% ethanol 85 octane just filled tank with (110c a litre) , or the 120 degree temp (in the shade) it is already at 11am.

First part of question now - this bought on by current '58 tailight discussion, and Owen NZ's post re correct painting of some 300 parts in resto.
Question: most other good type/marque collector car groups/experts/whatever, try to eventually document, or record/list, 'exactly' how cars were in factory original condition.  The 300 Club seems to have started/headed down that way, but is it regarded as important to try and bring a good 300 back to 100% correct re as it left the factory, or just generally try to make it generally look shiny/new, yet not worry about smaller things like wrong bolts, shockers, some gloss paint finishes on mech parts that never had them, etc.
I mean some of this can be real impossible - like not only getting original parts, but if they then have to match date stamp wise.

Early XKE Jag is one car that amazing detail exists re what were correct stampings on many bolts, etc, etc, etc, and early Corvettes, Pontiac GTOs, to be regarded as correct/genuine correct resto, likewise can go to fine detail re what is right, what is not original. What % of these cars are done like this - my guess very low, and doubtful the cost of doing it returned as a premium/higher price?!

Personally, if the car worthy of it, I will try and either restore, or find exact duplicate, or things such as special, one off, frame/bumper bolts, etcc.  Owen's 300C if it typical of near every other early 300, will I guess have special 'Mopar' id bolts, say through bottom of front shocks, near every other front/sway bar/etc bolt, and then the special nuts with fine little (like hacksaw) cuts, and other oddball nuts say like on rear shocks.  Near all of these are visible if one looks under the front or rear, yet does anyone think these genuine factory parts that made up all 300s should be known/kept?
And obviously many may not give a toss, toss them all out, but if that done by everyone, soon no correct 300s will be there for the future?

The '58 tailight current Clubsite issue re the small cast line there is another example - I have bought old stock 300C chrome vent knobs to avoid perhaps cheaper replating of original ones that would however see losing the fine little central casting ridge in original ones that replating will lose. And these little knobs are clearly seen/observed, near every time one sits in or drives - that why I bother - if it not so easily seen, it maybe not important??
Anyone out there caring, throw in your thoughts - the good remaining '100% original' 300s get thinner and thinner on the ground each year I guess, should all the most fine little '300' detail be recorded, so those (few?) who might care, can maybe/hopefully bother to try to keep some 300s most correct?!

Christopher Australia - just too hot outside here and across many southern parts of nation - Melbourne, where big annual international tennis tournament on now, tipped to break 100 year old record heatwave temps over next three days. But it is summer, and summers here can be bloody hot and long.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)