[Chrysler300] '60-'62 speedometer adjustment?

[Chrysler300] '60-'62 speedometer adjustment?

A friend has a '61 Chrysler with rams, so 300 related. Has replaced
broken speedometer/instrument face with salvaged unit but it does not
register until car is travelling about 30 mph and then moves up from
there but not even close to real speed. There is no growling or needle
jumping. He has lubricated the cable before installing. There is a
moveable white plastic tab where the speedo head comes through the face
plate. Is this an adjustment mechanism? Any ideas what might be wrong? I
can't find anything other than removal & installation in my shop manual.
He has another salvage unit, but understandably is reluctant to pull the
whole instument cluster out again. Thanks

Lindsey in Winnipeg-water's starting to go down finally

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)