[Chrysler300] 1955 C-300 wheels

I happened to measure the width of the stamped steel wheels that came on our
1955 C-300 and noticed they were 6" wide, measured inside and between the
flanges.  The 1955 Chrysler service manual shows 5.5" wide wheels for
Windsor & NY, 6" for Imperial and 6.5" for Crown Imperial.  The Chrysler
wheels have a 4.5" bolt circle and the Imp wheels have a 5.5" bolt circle.
My wheels have the 4.5" bolt circle and appear to be Chrysler spec with vent
openings around the center stamping, the small pilot holes between each
wheel bolt hole and little anti-rotation bumps next to the valve stem hole.

Question, then:  Were the 6" wide wheels standard on the 300's?  Is there
possibly an error in the service manual and the 6" wide wheels are also
standard on the C-68 New Yorker which uses the same 8.00 X 15 tire as the
300?

I have Motor Wheel wire spoke wheels mounted and don't know their width.
And one of the spokes has come loose.  Does anyone know if this loose spoke
can be screwed back in without removing the tire?  Or, if this is a common
problem?  I'm using tubes inside the L78 X15 Remingtons and the wheels have
the silicone rubber layer around the inside of the spokes.

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA
1955 Chrysler C-300