RE: [Chrysler300] 1955 C-300 wheels

Thank you Ed.  That makes sense and I believe that it is worth sharing.  I'm
hoping for confirmation from other 1955 C-300 (and NY) owners that 6" wheels
were standard on those cars.

A crude measurement of the width of the Motor Wheel wire spoke wheel of my
spare tire indicates it is a 5 1/2" wide wheel.  I remember a huge caliper
gauge we used in the '50's that would span around a tire to contact some
part of the rim and give a direct readout of wheel width.  My use of
Grandpa's folding Lufkin carpenter's rule is somewhat imprecise.

Now, does anyone have an extra single hubcap for the Motor Wheel wire wheel?
I want one to dress up the spare in the trunk.  I see that Coker carries
them new
( http://tinyurl.com/lnlcgn )and I may have to go there and pay Corky's
price ($40+$9.48 S&H) if none of you has an extra for a more reasonable
price.  Please note whether the center cap is OEM or the reproductions.  A
Bob Bornstein of Burbank made the reproduction caps on my four road wheels
but his phone number, while still listed, is now disconnected.

Lastly:
Current thinking on appropriate radial tire size for this car on the
standard 6" wheels?

It appears the either 225/75R15 or 235/75R15 would work and look about
right.

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA