[Chrysler300] 1957 Chrysler 300 steering wheels

[Chrysler300] 1957 Chrysler 300 steering wheels

Hello all, I am presently working on the mould for full re-casts of the 57 Chrysler 300 steering wheel, these will be on original steel cores, exchange basis mostly.
Ok so what I am trying to sort out is the actual real original colour ( yes I know I spell colour funny )  This is the top section we are talking about, no problem with the Black main body of the wheel.
I have stripped 3 wheels and cut sections of what was left of the original material, I then sand and polish a cross section and each time I get a differant colour. Since this material was so sun affected there is a differant colour for each wheel depending on how much sun ( UV ) has penitrated each wheel.
I have a Desoto wheel here ( same wheel ) and apart from the main body being brown I am sure it used the exact same top section colour. When I section it and sand polish I come up with a dirty white, really a light Grey that I belive is the correct original colour because this wheel was in fairly good condition and the UV rays do not seem to have discououred it further than the top surface.
Doe anyone have a NOS wheel out there to confirm this?  any one who has any knowlage of the exact real colour out there?  I want to be able to make them correctly and any help would be great.
Now apart from what is correct original we also have to deal with what you guys ( and girls )  percive to be the correct colour, that is to say I want to make you my customers happy, so it will be no good me finding the correct colour and making them that way if you belive it is not correct and don't want to buy them, so I am woundering what colour you WANT them to be so they are saleable? what colour do you belive they should be and will be happy with? looking forward to hearing what you think, regards George.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)