Re: [Chrysler300] Coker Tires

Howdy folks,

I just took a look on Coker's web site and it appears they are still selling the 235/75R14 radials in both 1" & 2.5" whitewalls.  The price is now up to $228.00 ea (UGH).

I have these tires on my '57 300C.  Several years ago (about 9 or 10 now that I think of it) I purchased the older series 225/75R14 radials from Coker @ ~$150.00 / tire.  5 or 6 years later, I also experienced the problems mentioned here frequently about the older tires having separation problems.  3 of my 4 tires developed the aforementioned problems.

After a bit of "spirited" discussion, Coker took all four tires as a return and credited me my full purchase price toward the newer series 235/75R14 wide whitewall tires.  I even convinced them to extend the Forward Look network's 10% discount and pay the shipping on the new tires.

Admittedly, I don't have more than 1500 miles on the replacements, but I pay close attention to them when I do drive the car and have not seen any issues at this point.

So, there's my experience with Coker on this topic.

Best Regards,

TFM
'57 300C, '57 Town & Country

>>> Lindsey Fuller <yesdnil@xxxxxxx> 09/01/09 11:08 PM >>>
I have driven my F to 4 300 meets ( both clubs ), all over 1000 miles
each way. 2 were on bias plies & 2 were on Cokers. 1) I would never go
back to bias 2) I have had no trouble with the Cokers, including the
dragstrip @ Columbus. Total mileage about 7500 in whatever the number of
years since the club was key to getting the 14" tires produced. Have
installed a set on my E, but no driving time yet. I heard a few weeks
ago that Coker has stopped making the 14's for our cars? Anyone else
heard similar?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: