RE: [Chrysler300] living with modern anti-freeze products

RE: [Chrysler300] living with modern anti-freeze products

I agree with the recommendation to exclude air from our cooling systems.
Perhaps the new corrosion inhibitor packages have oxygen scavengers that can
only gobble up a small amount of O2 and will poop out if fresh air is
ingested each time the engine heats up and cools.

Below is information on a 7# radiator cap that is supposed to work on
'51-'56 Chryslers with overflow bottles.  I'm trying to find one and may
have to modify the overflow tube on the radiator of our '55 C-300 in order
to route it to a milk jug or somesuch.  Although, I don't see any problem
with tying a rubber tube onto the bottom end of the existing overflow tube
and routing it to the "milk jug".  Anyone successfully done this on a
'55-'56?

More demerits.

We enjoyed the Chrysler 300 Club, Inc. meet held last week in Tacoma.
Minimal precipitation early morning before the show, then dry all day.
Forward Looking to Branson.

Hoping no members are suffering from the horrible wildfires in this state.
We drove through two smoky areas on I-5 on the way home from Tacoma.

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA
1955 Chrysler C-300

NORS Radiator Cap

Edelmann Part No. ER-23 - 7lb. - used with Coolant Recovery Tank

Buick - 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952- All

Buick - 1953 1954 1955 1956 - without Air Conditioning

Chevrolet - 1954 1955 1956 1957 - All - (except Corvette)

Corvette - 1956 1957

Corvette - 1958 1959 1960 1961 - without Fuel Injection

Chevrolet Truck - 1955 (2nd Series) 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 - 6 &
8 Cylinder - All

Chrysler - 1951 - 8 cylinder

Chrysler - 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 - without Air Conditioning

De Soto - 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 - without A.C.

Dodge - 1952 thru 1956 - without Air Conditioning

Ford - 1952 1953 1954 - 6 cylinder - All

Ford - Late 1953 thru 1954 - V8

Imperial - 1955 1956 - without A.C.

Lincoln - 1949 1950 1951 Oldsmobile - 1949 thru 1956 - All

Plymouth - 1951 1952 1953 1954 - All

Plymouth - 1955 1956 - without A.C.

Pontiac - 1951 thru 1956 - All