From: Richard Barber <c300@xxxxxxx>
To: 'Ray Jones' <hurst300@xxxxxxxxxx>; 'Warren Anderson' <wranderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: 'Chrysler 300 Broadcast' <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; 'Matt Allyn' <allynentertainment@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, Sep 2, 2009 9:07 pm
Subject: [Chrysler300] Everyone talks about the weather, but...

Report from the "other" Brentwood, 30 miles west of Stockton, 345 miles NW
of the LA neighborhood of Brentwood.  Mostly cloudy and hot with 96 degrees
at 5PM and light breeze.  No sign or smell of smoke from southern fires, but
drove through two smoky areas from smaller fires on I-5 Monday near Auburn
and Sacramento while returning from the Tacoma meet.  We have had serious
and large grass fires in the hills west of us, but generally with little
damage as there are few structures there.  The whole state is a tinderbox in
so many ways as we proceed through several kinds of drought, so more fires
can be expected for the next two months before the rains (hopefully) come.
Like with our 300's, crises can be expected when we are too broke to fixem.

Back in Iowa, it often rained and turned cool and gray on my birthday
(today).  Not so in sunny CA.

Friend Louis Barrie wants to move to Hawaii.  Mauna Loa can put out a lot of
heat and fire, also!

And we've been exposed to floods, blizzards, dust storms, hail storms, ice
storms, tornadoes, fog, hurricanes, monsoons, prairie fires, forest fires,
earthquakes, lightning and droughts over the years from Iowa to Texas and
now California.  It's always sumthin'.  Kinda like the continuous barrage of
questions on that great initial batch of 17,000+ Chrysler 300's.  I've seen
flooding, lightning, earthquakes, fog, firestorms and monsoons emanating
from those brutes from time to time--as well as dust storms when they are on
cam.

Best wishes for survival and good healthy air to our friends and their
friends in the smoke and fire zones at this time and in the future.  God
bless and protect the firefighters.

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA 94513