[Chrysler300] MoPar Electronic Distriubutor

[Chrysler300] MoPar Electronic Distriubutor

Hi 300 Group

When I rebuilt the engine in the 300G, I went through the
MoPar Performance Parts Catalog and ordered  Everything!

One of the items was the Race Electronic Distributor with Tach Drive.

Item number    P4286512    413-426W-440  and  426 Hemi engines

This Complete ignition kit contains the race electronic ignition Distributor
( with race advance curve and mechanical tach drive), Chrome  ECU,
ballast resistor, wiring harness, electrical connectors and instructions.

I purchased the item through Mancini Racing Enterprises in '98 for  270.00.

When the wiring harness was constructed,  the electronics were relocated
to the area behind the grill to the right side inner fender panel.
The Chrome box was way to "hot" for street use.
Switched to the Orange electronic box for street use and
it works great.
The Chrome Box Caused the coil to get "really Hot".
Used a little higher rated (OHMs)  Mopar resistor and Orange Box
and the coil runs normal now.

Getting the 300 G on the road this summer.   Going to the area car shows.
I retired a year ago......  Having fun working in the garage on 300 G and Packard projects.
The black HT has been showing well.
There is Always people checking the car out.
The Guys like " under the hood "   and the Gals like the " swivel seats".

The 300 G Has been running and driving and handling Great.
Everything has been rebuilt.   The KYB shocks are super.
Had Diamond Back  build some  235 - 15  - 75  tires with 2 1/2 inch white walls
AND "beauty rings"  (raised white ridge at edge of white wall)
Mounted on 7  X  15   Chrome wire wheels.
The tires have been performing great.

I will add myself to the Sept 2,  birthday list.    66 years young, yesterday.
Out the the garage.......

300ly,

Lauren R Lampi
Grand Rapids, MN