Re: [Chrysler300] F Body disc brakes on 300H ?

Re: [Chrysler300] F Body disc brakes on 300H ?

Jeff,
        forgive me if I'm wrong but  I think the H is "short wheelbase". If
so there's no direct bolt on  factory parts which will maintain correct
geometry and acceptable turn radius.  Years ago when John would come to Az to
scour junkyards we spent a day at Hidden  Valley comparing drum vs disc brake
knuckles and although parts would "bolt-on"  all where shorter or taller.

        Best solution with the SWB  cars is the bracket from AAJ brakes. If
you want to get a little more creative  there's an available bracket which
will probably let you hang a gen2 Viper  Brembo caliper on the original drum
knuckle. I was heading that direction with  my K when I said "enough is
enough".

    Now if the H is a LWB car then I guess none of this  matters so sorry
to make you read it  ;)

Mike Laiserin

In a message dated 9/5/2009 8:58:52 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,