[Chrysler300] Cadmium/Chrome screws for Hemi spark plug wire covers

[Chrysler300] Cadmium/Chrome screws for Hemi spark plug wire covers

Hello 300'ly to all!
    George Riehl pointed out at the Branson Meet that the spark plug wire cover screws on my C were incorrect in that they were slotted and painted black. Hex head screws were painted black but not the slotted screws.  The slotted screws were cadmium. So off I went in search for the proper scews upon returning from Branson.  Needless to say these are very hard to locate.  However, two club members set me on the right track.  Greg Leggatt has the screws that are chrome plated and he sent me 6 of them which I received yesterday. These are the correct length but do not have the lock-washer that is serrated in appearance that is cup-shaped and affixed to the head of the screw. I contacted Dominic Rinaldi in Maine on Tuesday and he directed me to Mr. G's Fasteners & Rechromed Plastic in Fort Worth. They have them in cadmium with the serrated lock-washer that is cup-shaped. These are about two threads longer than the originals. The part number is FA2613K. Dominic said that if they don't screw home all the way then he cuts off the last few threads with a grinder to accomplish such. The cadmium screws are 60 cents a piece with minimum order of $10 accepted.  So I bought 18 of them.(Good for 3 hemis).  So you have a choice of chrome or cadmium with or without the serrated washer in this endeavor. Hope this helps folks looking for a source for these screws. Maybe put the chrome ones on for added bling for  non-300 club car shows and then swap out the cadmium ones with the washers for 300 meets? ROB KERN

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)