RE: [Chrysler300] Put on your paint and powder, you shout loud, I'll sho

RE: [Chrysler300] Put on your paint and powder, you shout loud, I'll shout louder.

Larry:

This is just a short story about my experience with paint availability in
California awhile back.

About 5 or so years ago I wanted to restore just the under hood areas on my
'62 300 "Sport" ragtop.  My car is painted in the '62 color of Festival Red.
When I went into my local automotive paint store, (Note - an Auto Paint
Store, NOT a House Paint store) I asked the man behind the counter for a
gallon of Poly Urethane paint in Festival Red.  He responded that he could
NOT sell me this paint for use on an automobile.  But, on the other hand, if
I wanted to use this paint to paint my refrigerator in Festival Red Paint,
he could sell it to me.  Of course, I immediately responded that I was going
to have the most gorgeous RED REFRIGERATOR in all of Southern California and
move it out of the kitchen into the garage.  And that, my friend, is a true
story.  I doubt that that story would fly today but I still laugh at the
thought of it.  In those days, you could just drive 20-30 miles north into
Ventura County and buy just about any paint you wanted but not any more.

(By the way, I would take Mike Laiserin up on his offer to help you find
your Spanish Red single stage paint.)

Big John Mc Adams

(In SoCal)

  _____