[Chrysler300] 300K grill color

Calling all experts,
Can anyone tell me if the grill mesh color varied with the car color?
I have a 64 300K conv. and as near as I can tell the mesh was black, the car was orginally white.
My parts car is red/white top and the mesh color is red.  300 series HT
I am guessing that some used black grill, perhaps black and white cars, and others used car color for the grill.  Can't find anything in the parts catalog.
The 300K is now red and new paint will be red, so think the grill will be red also.  Just wondering if that will be correct?  Also gloss or flat grill paint.
Thank you
Bill Miller

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional