[Chrysler300] 413 exhaust gasket

Opened up my newly acquired service and parts manuals for my 300K,
and found the following information for the 1964 413 CID Wedge engine:

In the service manual the exploded view of the manifold and
associated exhaust system diagram does not  show a gasket between the
engine and manifold or any reference to such.

Under service diagnosis for excessive exhaust noises it noted that
you should replace the manifold gasket as needed if the integrity of
the manifold is not correct (warpage or cracks).

In the parts book, it lists the exhaust manifold gaskets as
individual R/L parts with separate part numbers,  with a "star" shown
next to the part numbers. The fine print at the bottom of the page
states "Use as required".

John in "Winter Weary" Iowa...

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional