Re: [Chrysler300] new member

Hello Brett, Phil Irish here'

'56 B  is my interest but the two years have many things in common.

 John Lazenby - Please comment about the feasibility of the following idea
Re, the 12 volt conversion.    Can one just substitute a '56 generator/power
steering unit, or just generator with the power steering unit transferred to
it, to get the 12 volts?

If I am correct, the 6 V system was positive ground, verses the 12 V
system's negative ground - which if true would make the whole switch over
more complex!  Think all lights on the car - head/tail, blinkers, dash &
interior lights, power seat, radio, windshield wipers....

 I'm not certain about electrically "stepping down" to 6 volts for your
windows etc., but if you find a donor car from '56, I'm certain the 12V
motors would mount exactly the same.  There was a power front seat on ebay
recently from a '56 imperial that was being parted out and I think that
seller did not get too many bidders - his car might be ideal to get all the
parts you need.  He was located in Maine - I'll see if I can find his
e-mail, but check ebay directly looking for parts from an Imperial.  He had
a torque flight transmission (out of that '56 Imperial) that tempted me, but
I decided I had more pressing needs that swapping out  my power flight!

Richard Barber, often on the list server, is very active with his C-300 and
very knowledgeable.

John Lazenby is our expert on both years.  I'd refer almost any question
about your car to him!

Good luck - All the Best 300ing!

Phil