Re: [Chrysler300] Dupont Freon R-12

Without a doubt, the FRIGC FR-12 will work very well if the cooling curves are
the same as R-12.

Without trying to ruffle any feathers, and to explain myself more fully, my A/C
guy says he won't touch it since it contaminates his recycling equipment for
R-12. He has 6 collector cars with R-12-equipped A/C and will use nothing but
R-12 in all of them. Plus he says it's illegal for him to service or refill a
system that has mixed refrigerants in it.  Also, FRIGC FR-12 has 2% butane in
it.  I think it's better to just stick to the R-12 stuff and leave the
alternatives to a time that there is no R-12 left.

Here's a link below to a review from eBay about alternative refrigerants, and
the text of the article follows the link:

Cheers,
John Spiers

http://reviews.ebay.com/Freeze-12-Refrigerant-R134a_W0QQugidZ10000000005615895

Thinking about using Freeze-12 refrigerant?
You may be surprised to learn that it is nothing more than a blend of R134a and
HCFC 142.
Most of the "alternative" refrigerants are really nothing more than a  slightly
different blend with a fancy can. If you are unlucky, you  actually get propane,
butane, or some other flammable gas.
ALTERNATIVE REFRIGERANT BLENDS
	* Free Zone (RB-276). Supplied by Refrigerant Gases, this blend contains 79%
R-134a, 19% HCFC-142b and 2% lubricant.
	* Freeze 12. Supplied by Technical Chemical, this blend contains 80% R-134a and
20% HCFC-142b.
	* FRIGC (FR-12). Made by Intermagnetics General and marketed by Pennzoil, this
blend contains 59% R-134a, 39% HCFC-124 and 2% butane.
	* GHG-X4 (Autofrost & McCool Chill-It). This blend is  supplied by Peoples
Welding Supply and contains 51% R-22, 28.5%  HCFC-124, 16.5% HCFC-142b and 4%
isobutane (R-600a).
	* GHG-HP. Also supplied by Peoples Welding Supply, this blend contains 65%
R-22, 31% HCFC-142b and 4% isobutane (R-600a).
	* Hot Shot\Kar Kool. Supplied by ICOR, this blend contains 50% R-22, 39%
HCFC-124, 9.5% HCFC-142b and 1.5% isobutane (R-600a).
The suppliers of the alternative blends say their products typically  cool
better than straight R-134a in systems designed for R-12, and do  not require
changing the compressor oil or desiccant in some cases.  Changing the desiccant
to XH-7 is usually recommended if an R-12 system  is converted to R-134a. The
desiccant should also be replaced if a blend  contains R-22 because R-22 is not
compatible with XH-5 or XH-7  desiccant. The recommended desiccant in this case
would be XH-9.
The suppliers of the alternative blends also insist the fractionation  problem
is exaggerated and do not foresee any major problems with  recovering and
recycling their products (recycling blends is currently  illegal, but the EPA is
reviewing its feasibility).
As it stands right now, recycling and servicing a system filled with an
alternative blend is illegal.
Please, the best refrigerant to use is the one it was designed for.
I am a EPA 609 certified MVAC technician.
Please beware of using anything you don't know what it is.