Re: [Chrysler300] 1964 Chrysler 300 Kwestions

Re: [Chrysler300] 1964 Chrysler 300 Kwestions

Rich,

    My 300K has a '63 roof assembly on it. It's been  about 20 years (ugh,
really) since I got the car and put it back together and  robbed the roof
from a '63 parts car.  I guess the quarter glass is the  same since I never
changed it out and everything fits.

    The one difference I noticied immediately is that  the '64 had a cable
with an eyelet running on each side from the siderail about  above the front
door, through the top material and attached somewhere in the  rear
mechanism with a tension spring. The was to keep the top tightand fitting  snugly as
it came down and wrapped over the side of the roof. The '63 assy  doensn't
have this provision and the top seems to have shrunk a little perhaps
because of it. Maybe someone can email a photo if my description is  lacking.

     Cureous about the color on your recent  acquisition, was it roman red?
 What about the engine compartment? Was the  car front ended at some point
and had the nose replaced and someone didn't  bother to paint the inner
fenders?  Also, is it a 413? Air cleaner with  single snorkel seems Newport/New
Yorker variety... K should have unsilenced  w/out snorkel no?

Mike Laiserin

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: