Re: [Chrysler300] rebuild steering gear 300G

The steering on my G convrt. was getting sloopy and wandered all over the road.  A friend suggested that we adjust the  steering, so we tighten the adjustment in the box and it now drives like new.. So far, the steering hasn't given out.  Less than 62 K  miles, hopeing to go another 50 k at least.   Gary with a big G
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bob Jasinski
  To: 'Michael Moore'
  Cc: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2011 6:38 PM
  Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] rebuild steering gear 300G

  Mike,

  I already have the steering gear out of the car. It took me about 3-4
  hours, I pretty much followed the service manual. There is a place in San
  Jose I am going to call tomorrow that rebuilds them and see what they
  charge, if I bring it there, I save the shipping which is significant
  because the thing weighs 45# unpacked.

  By the way, for those with rams, the unit came out through the inner fender
  panel. Also, the manual says to remove the brake line-ignore that, it is
  not necessary.

  Bob J