Re: [Chrysler300] Car insurance

Keith,
I can tell you an older claim story, and  two reasons why I'm also pleased with my other cars policy with JC Taylor:

I have a TR3, which along with my 300H is insured by JC Taylor.I have a friend in the Triumph Club who was restoring his TR6.

Being a very young married guy, and not having much money, he was restoring the TR6 pretty much on his own. He had done all the bodywork, had a new interior-but just wasn't able to afford the paint job he wanted from the shop he wanted.

On the way to a club meeting, he got rear ended at a red light and his car was shoved into the car ahead of him. His car was in primer. He got bids to repair the car.

 He then asked JC Taylor if he could take the check and do the work himself. He submitted a bid which included some used factory panels (instead of new after-market) His price was slightly lower than the lowest bid.

The company told him they would be happy to work with him, but they couldn't pay the labor rate of a professional body shop, so he would have to cut that rate in half. Then they told him that on the other hand, they didn't think he could do the job in the same number of hours as the professional body shop, so he needed to double those hours!
 No net change in payment!

He was very happy because he could afford to replace some bondo filled panels he had pounded out with very good used straight panels, plus he got his first class paint job.

Secondly, for several years I drove my 300H to Victoria BC for WPC shows up there, and also to Bend. I knew I would be exceeding the 2000 mi annual limit. I called JC Taylor and asked them about that. They said to just write them a letter explaining the circumstances and also let them know date of departure and date of return, and don;t worry about the mileage. I did that for years. I really like dealing with them and I have no doubts they will be very fair should I have a claim.

I vouch for JC Taylor also!
Mike Moore
300H
On Jan 14, 2012, at 12:44 PM, Keith Boonstra wrote:

> OK, we've heard all the stories of how well some of us have been treated
> by the insurance company we have in the event of a "loss". That's all
> good to hear and it sounds like they are taking pretty good care of the
> clients.
>
> Now does anyone have any _bad_ experiences with a particular insurance
> company? Did your company refuse to cover you as well as you thought
> they should have when you had damage to your car or parts - whether it
> it was your fault or others'?
>
> I've had Condon & Skelly (Ironshore Indemnity, Inc.) for many years.
> The rates seem very good, and I have no bad experience to report, but
> then I have never submitted a claim. So I don't really know just how
> positive the experience will be if I do.
>
> Class? Anyone?
>
> Keith Boonstra
>
> -
>
> On 1/12/2012 7:58 AM, jerrylindsay300h@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > Gentlemen,
> > I am driving my !962 Chrysler 300 Coupe. Red on Red leather with a 413
> > ci and a manual 3-speed transmission. I have insurance through State
> > Farm for a value of $7500.00. Restrictions are 1000 miles a year.
> > (19.2 miles a week). Costs $18 a month
> >
> > I got a quote from Hagerty for $273 a year. Insured for $ 10,000.00,
> > bur appears to be less miles. It's beautiful here in Florida year
> > around and wanted to drive it more.
> >
> > Questions:
> >
> > 1. What should I be asking for in the way of coverage..100,000/300,000 ??
> >
> > 2. Miles driven a year. If I drove it to the Spring Meet from
> > Seminole, Fl (Tampa Bay area) I would use the mileage up right there.
> >
> > 3. Is State Farms price in the Ball Park ?
> >
> > I would appreciate any suggestions you have to offer. Please reply off
> > site so we don't tie up our site to much.
> >
> > Jerry Lindsay
> > Seminole, Fl.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional