RE: [Chrysler300] Garage Plans

Morning Gang!!!

Is this going be a pole building??
If so, make sure the holes & poles are below frost level.
Spoke w/a fellow near here last winter whose poles in one corner of his
building have frost heaved about 6"

When I built my bldg. back in '77  I placed 1-1/2" foam insulation under the
concrete in the section that I heat in the winter.
Also we filled the pole holes w/concrete and inserted an "L" shaped piece of
re-bar down into the concrete on each side
Of the poles. Then later I dug a shallow footing between the poles,  formed
the inside up to the top of the treated outside stringer
And poured a short wall section between each post. The floor butts up
against this wall. My lot was not exactly level on one side and this wall
Retains the fill I had to place before pouring  the floor on that side.

I have been thinking lift myself here latey as it's becoming a real PITA to
get down and under a vehicle any more. So I will be interested in
What you guys have to say in that respect.

As for the rest....Insulate, insulate, and repeat as necessary!!!  The same
for wire, wire , wire and plumb, plumb, plumb!!!

Dave Schwandt in Eastern -5 degree IA

And YES....I'll be in the shop today!!! Me and my cat that is!!!