From: "Jim McGowan" <quadshop@xxxxxxxx>
To: "Doug Mayer" <mobydoug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: charlies@xxxxxxxxxxxx, "Chrysler300club Broadcast" <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:27:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Garage Plans

I put hot water heat in the floor. Used an on demand water heater.
Greatest thing I did. Also put a pit, framed with 2X6 and installed a
scissor lift, with a 1.5" PVC from the pit to the wall for hydraulic
hose, that goes 4' up for tires, brakes and waxing the rocker moulding
with out bending over. A sheet of plywood over it and no stumble over
the hole or the lift. Did not put any lights above the cars. Put the
lights on the wall at an angle of 45 degrees. Never have shadows where
you are working.

Jim McGowan
> Hi Charlie,
>
> i remember you from Lake George--and your sweet 62.
>
> When your ground man grades the area, and sets the gravel base in place, and after the footings are in, make sure you place 2" of styrofoam board insulation on the gravel, over the whole area, before you put in the re-bar and concrete. This will keep your floor and shop dry and warm; moisture will not wick up and cause a humid situation in the summer.
>
> Doug--at a similar latitude.
> Doug Mayer
> Northport, Maine
> sent from my older iMac
>

> On Jan 17, 2012, at 6:17 PM, charlies@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Hi Group,
>> While this does not directly relate to 300 autos, it will someday be the home and restoration centre for these beasts. I'm in the planning stages of building a workshop for my wrenching - tired of working on gravel and at minus whatever. The size of the wokshop will be 24 x 40 and will have a lift. I'd be interested to hear any sort of recomendations that any members may have in regard to my new wokshop - what worked well or didn't work well in some of your shops - or what they may have done differently or added. Thanks to all, Charlie in Ottawa, 62 Sport

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)