Re: [Chrysler300] Front Disc Brake Conversion on 300K Ram? (AAJ Brake Ki

Re: [Chrysler300] Front Disc Brake Conversion on 300K Ram? (AAJ Brake Kit)

David,

Check your brake line all the way to the back. Chances are you already
have a proportioning valve mounted there somewhere. You definitely need
one, and I think AAJ always puts one in the conversion kit.

Keith Boonstra

-

On 3/20/2012 1:14 PM, David wrote:

> Fellow 300 Enthusiasts,
> Might any members have experience or insight with the AAJ Brakes front
> conversion kit for ram cars? Or simply the subject of front discs on a
> ram car in general?
>
> My recently acquired triple K convertible with factory ram engine and
> AC came with the conversion as well as the original drum brakes in the
> trunk courtesy of its prior owner (a true gentleman in every sense of
> the word).
>
> Specific questions include:
>
> 1. Can the OEM master cylinder work effectively/safely with the disc
> conversion in the front and the original drums in the rear? How about
> the OEM power booster?
>
> 2. Would the addition of a proportioning device be a benefit or a
> hindrance?
>
> 3. Could the disc conversion cause rear brake lockup, difficulty in
> maintaining fluid levels, hard or low pedal feel, brake lag or fading?
>
> Here's the link to AAJ Brake's website out in Oregon (the ram K has
> the basic kit):
>
> http://www.aajbrakes.com/rproductinfo.html
>
> On a related matter, does a dual master cylinder option exist that can
> fit inside a ram K's cramped engine compartment?
>
> Safety is of paramount importance. Many thanks, in advance, for your
> wisdom, experience and insights!
>
> Best,
>
> David A. Morrison
> Radnor, PA