 From: David <torquechap@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 6:14 PM
Subject: [Chrysler300] Front Disc Brake Conversion on 300K Ram? (AAJ Brake Kit)

Fellow 300 Enthusiasts,
Might any members have experience or insight with the AAJ Brakes front conversion kit for ram cars? Or simply the subject of front discs on a ram car in general?

My recently acquired triple K convertible with factory ram engine and AC came with the conversion as well as the original drum brakes in the trunk courtesy of its prior owner (a true gentleman in every sense of the word).

Specific questions include:

1. Can the OEM master cylinder work effectively/safely with the disc conversion in the front and the original drums in the rear? How about the OEM power booster?

2. Would the addition of a proportioning device be a benefit or a hindrance?

3. Could the disc conversion cause rear brake lockup, difficulty in maintaining fluid levels, hard or low pedal feel, brake lag or fading?

Here's the link to AAJ Brake's website out in Oregon (the ram K has the basic kit):

http://www.aajbrakes.com/rproductinfo.html

On a related matter, does a dual master cylinder option exist that can fit inside a ram K's cramped engine compartment?

Safety is of paramount importance. Many thanks, in advance, for your wisdom, experience and insights!

Best,

David A. Morrison
Radnor, PA

<*> Your email settings: