[Chrysler300] Re: Front Disc Brake Conversion on 300K Ram? (AAJ Brake Ki

[Chrysler300] Re: Front Disc Brake Conversion on 300K Ram? (AAJ Brake Kit)

UPDATE:

Just spoke with Rodger at AAJ Brakes. He strongly recommended the following additions to my current set-up:

1. A proportioning valve is strongly recommended for their basic kit which is why it's included in the deluxe kit. For safety and performance, the valve is a "must have." The valve is light weight and a knob-style unit. This can be procured anywhere for a cost of about $40. AAJ Brakes will be sending me a plumbing schematic of where the valve should be inserted and I will be glad to share this info once it is received. Just send me an email if you're interested in a copy.

2. A dual master cylinder is strongly recommended. Since the Ram K cam with a master cylinder with an added booster, Rodger recommends a dual reservoir master cylinder. The part is identical to the OEM unit used on a 1976 Dodge Dart power master cylinder (disc fronts, drum rears). Compared to a stock master cylinder on a ram K, the Dart unit is the same width and 8" longer. Don't think that the width will be of issue as there appears to be sufficient room on the firewall. AAJ Brakes strongly suggested staying away from rebuilt units. New units cost around $35-70 on eBay. The unit has a hex head nut which is adjustable.

AAJ Brakes was most responsive to both my call and my multitude of questions. They have great respect for the club and said that I was in excellent hands with the club's collective brain trust on a K ram car.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)