Re: [Chrysler300] 1958 300D Brake shoe lining

Re: [Chrysler300] 1958 300D Brake shoe lining

Thank you, Henry.  That is exactly the idea of the Chrysler Total  Contact
braking system introduced in the 1956 MY and continued thru 1962.   I have
heard all the complaints about them, but when set up properly, they work
fine. (They are somewhat---some would say very---particular.)  I remember,
while at Chrysler, talking about that with an engineer who was in the brake
lab at that time.  He stressed the importance of everything being set up  just
right.  Now, if only Chrysler had combined the two leading shoe idea  with
Buick's great finned aluminum drums.....
300ly, Gil Cunningham
Tallahassee, FL on a really beautiful am!

In a message dated 3/21/2012 6:06:22 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,