[Chrysler300] Last Call - Limp Trunk Syndrome Fix

[Chrysler300] Last Call - Limp Trunk Syndrome Fix

I'd like to get going on having the spacers made for the folks who want
to do this fix. So here's a last call for anyone sitting on the fence -
please let me know.

Thanks.
Keith Boonstra

-

On 3/17/2012 10:26 PM, keboonstra wrote:

> For anyone out there with a '57 to '59 (and perhaps other years and
> Chrysler Corp models) whose trunk torsion rod springs won't hold the
> trunk lid up anymore, I've come up with a fix for it. It takes a
> couple of specially shaped spacer plates to alter the geometry, and a
> tool for handling the rod hook while you install them. You also need a
> Dremel tool for the modification. The prototype perked my trunk lid
> right up the way it's supposed to be.
>
> I've heard from a number of folks who are interested in this setup, so
> if we can get a few of us together I will have a small "one-time" run
> of the spacers made. I will also lend out the rod handling tool I made
> up to get the job done, and furnish detailed photos and instructions.
> It will cost $65 including shipping the spacers and the tool. Your
> additional cost to ship the tool back to me as soon as you're done
> with it.
>
> I'll take orders for the next week or so, and then get the production
> going. Interested? Please let me know shortly if you want in on the run.
>
> Thanks.
> Keith Boonstra

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional