RE: [Chrysler300] anti stall device

Well, I can assure you that is not the case with my 300G.  If I don't have the anti-stall device properly set, my engine will die.  There is no hard idle adjustment capability on the original 2903S carbureted F and G cars, therefore the anti-stall comes to the rescue as needed when manifold vacuum drops.  Do you have the original carbs on your 300F?  I'm surprised your mechanic decided that he knew better than the engineers at Chrysler, or have your carbs been changed and the system revamped?

Bob J

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of retromobilia@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2013 4:11 PM
To: Bob Merritt
Cc: Chrysler 300 List
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] anti stall device

When my 300F was restored the engine guy said the anti stall was not necessary and did not install it. I have driven the car for a long time without it and it runs perfectly, if not better. I recall that before if anything got a little out of adjustment the car would surge on the anti surge diaphragm; especially at stop lights and was very embarrassing. At idle you could open the hood and see the anti-surge plunger pumping the bell-crank.

If someone knows of a logical reason (other than C. E's put it there) I would like to know.
Thanks