From: Rob Kern [mailto:robkern@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: April-01-13 9:49 PM
To: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Jean-Yves
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 300C/D PS pump

Jean-Yves,

     The ‘57  power steering pump is a Thompson sleeve-type unit which was a one year only application.  The ‘58 pump is entirely different.  Jeff Carter is the only pump rebuilder I would recommend.  He did mine in 1 week and bench tested it for pressure range.  If you read my story on what I went through in the second phase of my C restoration, I would stay clear of a prominently advertised steering pump rebuilder in Minnesota.  Many power steering pump rebuilders refuse to work on the Thompson.  Jeff has the parts and will do it right the first time.  I can not emphasize sending him your pump to be rebuilt more strongly!  300’ly, Rob Kern