Re: [Chrysler300] Re: Get a clear title

Sadly, California is a also center of automobile scam artists, and I have run across a few.
Taxes are based on value. You want to be sure you transfer title and get it registered before you restore it. (I bought an Jaguar E Type Roadster  basket case for $10k, registered it, spent several years restoring it, and it is now valued for much more. But its registration tax is based on what I paid for it.

There was a story several years ago about a young man from Indiana who drove his 36 Ford pickup which was fully restored and modified with big enginetp the DMV to get California plates,  While he was registering the truck, they asked him what the value was. Instead of telling them the few thou he had actually paid for it, he spouted off "At least $75,000".
He was shocked by his registration fee, but he had made his case and had attracted attention. I don't know what they did,

Mike Moore
300H