[Chrysler300] 1957 Chrysler Model 900 oil lines and Oil Pressure Gauge o

[Chrysler300] 1957 Chrysler Model 900 oil lines and Oil Pressure Gauge oil line kits

Hello 300’ly to all!
    A few weeks ago there was a C owner who queried about replacing the oil lines that go from the engine to the under dash area for the oil pressure gauge and the model 900 HVAC unit.  The concern was aging rubber that could split and leak hot oil into the passenger compartment and ruining carpets and causing a burn to the feet,ankles,legs of the driver.  Fortunately I was able to assist George Glavis in removing a Model 900 unit from the firewall of a ‘57 Imperial at Benny Buckner’s salvage yard while attending the Meet last week. This allowed me to visualize the complete unit along with the oil line that feeds the oil servo unit for directing/channeling air. Concern was expressed regarding accessing the lines on the passenger side of the firewall for the Model 900 unit to do a change out and what is involved and where could one procure the hose and fittings.  The Model 900 oil lines run from the valve cover to the firewall and attach to a fitting on the engine side of the firewall in front of the driver.  Then a second line goes from this fitting to the oil servo unit on the interior side of the firewall at the lower part of the Model 900 unit.This change out only requires maneuvering under the hood and under the dashboard.  The only oil line involved with the Model 900 air routing mechanism is easily accessible and there are no more oil lines in the internals of the Model 900 unit.  Therefore one does not need to disassemble the dash board to change out these oil lines.  Gary Goers has 2 kits for the oil lines that go through the firewall.  One is for the oil pressure gauge and has all that is needed except the 27 thread nut that attaches to a ferrule on the oil line that screws onto the back of the oil gauge.  You will need to use the nut that is on the existing line.  These oddball 27 thread nuts are not available according to Gary.  The cost for this kit is $24.  The other kit is for the Model 900 unit and comes with everything including installation instructions.  Cost for the Model 900 kit is $75.  I placed my order with Gary today.  Hope this helps and removes the angst of changing out these lines and where to procure them.  Rob Kern

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)