From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of rinandal
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2013 10:58 AM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] stock radio 2 speaker hook up?

Hi all,
I have a 64 convertible with a model 348 Am radio. Had one front speaker.
However, the car can be configured to handle a front as well as a rear
speaker. Which is what I would like to do. This leads to my problem.  I have
speaker wires running from the rear to the dash area.  I have speaker wires
the for the front speakers coming right of the radio. Brown "lamp cord".
Now for my confusion/problem!  I have been told that the model 348 has an
internal fader.  I believe I  have found it on the back of the radio as a 4
pin phenolic plugin. Presently configured for one speaker only( U shaped pin
in lower plugin holes)  However, I have what looks to be a stock chrome knob
on the lower part of my dash( were my right knee would be while driving)
that reads " speaker".  I believe this to also be a fader. Anyone configured
a 348 for front and back speakers? Any help, ideas?

Thanks for any help.

Al Van Lennep

Group" button

For list server instructions, go to