From: rinandal <rinandvan@xxxxxxx>
To: Chrysler300 <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Oct 25, 2013 8:58 am
Subject: [Chrysler300] stock radio 2 speaker hook up?

Hi all,
I have a 64 convertible with a model 348 Am radio. Had one front speaker. However, the car can be configured to handle a front as well as a rear speaker. Which is what I would like to do. This leads to my problem. I have speaker wires running from the rear to the dash area. I have speaker wires the for the front speakers coming right of the radio. Brown "lamp cord". Now for my confusion/problem! I have been told that the model 348 has an internal fader. I believe I have found it on the back of the radio as a 4 pin phenolic plugin. Presently configured for one speaker only( U shaped pin in lower plugin holes) However, I have what looks to be a stock chrome knob on the lower part of my dash( were my right knee would be while driving) that reads " speaker". I believe this to also be a fader. Anyone configured a 348 for front and back speakers? Any help, ideas?

Thanks for any help.

Al Van Lennep