Re: [Chrysler300] '55 Chrysler wire wheels

Re: [Chrysler300] '55 Chrysler wire wheels

Jack,

Yes, stainless spokes are the way to go.  Keep the following in mind.  Your C300 more than likely has a 4.5" bolt pattern.  If so the original MotorRim wires were 48 spokes.  To the best of my knowledge you will not find such in aftermarket "Chinese" wheels.

More than likely they will be 52 to 56 spokes.  Imperial - T&C MotorRim wires were 52 spokes and wider than the 48 spoke version if I remember by .5" with a 5.5" bolt pattern.

Your last comment with the provided links was the clincher for me.  The hubs on all aftermarket wheels are different in appearance than original MotorRim examples.  I guess I've got the "eye" as I can easily spot them. and the shape-angle of the spokes are also different.

I didn't open each of the provided links BUT when I see "Kelsey Hayes Chrysler Wheels" I have to laugh as there was and is no such animal.  Watch auctions and listings and this is a dead give away that who ever writes the comments up and beyond that the seller has no idea of accurate documentation.

Last, if factory wheels are sealed properly with silicone around the spoke area there are no issue with leaks.  My '55 T&C MotorRim wires are such and they've been on the car for 8.5 years with no issues.  All of my other cars with MotorRim wires have tubes and once again no issues.

Good luck with your purchase,

John Lazenby