[Chrysler300] George Riehl's 65th Surprise Birthday Event

[Chrysler300] George Riehl's 65th Surprise Birthday Event

I need to make some comments on this one.  If you watch the video of George's 65th birthday with my wife Christie as the "Bag Lady" there is more to the story.

We were at the banquet when Christie tells me she is feeling very poorly and needs to go to the room immediately and lay down.  Of course I'm concerned and offer to go with her.  She replies, "no I'll be okay".

So here I am with her almost full plate of food and an empty chair.  Within about 15 minutes the doors fling open to the banquet room where that are 100 + people enjoying the evening.  I look over in horror as I see, yep you guessed it, Christie.  My first reaction was what the "H***" is this all about?  Very soon I realized what was going on and knew that Carol Cunningham, Gloria Moon, Linda Burke and others were involved.

Watching the video you can see what unfolds and as this was going down I wondered how long it will be before the Lazenbys are asked to leave the club.  Everyone seemed to enjoy it as up to this point in the club's history no one had ever "nailed" George.  Watch him reach for his handkerchief and start wiping the sweat from his face.

A night or two prior to all of this several were in the bar and George was feeling no pain so I'm told.  Christie, the non drinker, was there and listened to George tell stories of his younger days including his cars, girlfriends (prior to Eleanor) etc.  She picked up on all of this and that is where the "Virginia" character came from.  It seems that Virginia was a gal in George's past he would have rather remained dead.

Later I learned that when the group came from the room heading towards the dinner Christie was almost thrown out of the place as they really though she had wondered in off the street.  I guess the other ladies advised security as to what was going on.  Also, there was a High School Prom being held and the young girls looked on Christie ran up to them and said something to the effect you will end up like me......

Anyway it was a fun night that George, Christie and I talked and laughed about until he left us.  He would phone on a regular basis and from that time on considered Christie a daughter.  That evening and that event always came up in the conversation.

We miss you George.............

John Lazenby

Issue 13 of the E-News is ready.

You can get it on this link:
http://www.chrysler300club.com/newsletter/13/13.html

It is loaded with a bunch of new and old features.
For instance, we've got a story by the Masher Mechanic........
anyone know who that is?

There is also information you need for the Spring Meet
coming up in June,
and new tech articles
and new (old) videos you probably have never seen before.

Give it a look and let issue 13 shake off those winter blues........

Hiho