RE: [Chrysler300] Amsoil synthetic gear lube study

RE: [Chrysler300] Amsoil synthetic gear lube study

Hi Rick..same way I felt--- but thrust pins in thrust block in 8 3/4 diff discussed in other email are in fact brass. Someone noted maybe only in sure grip..do not know, but do know in several I took apart they were there. And important functionally.  = ? Matter of degree?  GL-5 eats brass if you believe article. (due to sulphur lube in  it)

That link is a great reference..main point is synthetic anything in oils is plain better than non synthetic,  ---but have to watch additive packages. Same as motor oil, and flat cams. …..

SAE test/paper I saw / read about had older 350 camaro, I think it had 85k miles,  running mobil 1, lab test every 1000 miles, oil still OK at 18000 but had  lost additives unacceptably by then ; made me feel Ok about 10 k mile change with Mobil 1. Drove JEEP 4.0 330 k miles on this idea , engine still perfect . 4.0 a great engine anyway, but you get it. (99-01 not so good --head cracks,-- however) .Understand all those who are happy with old arrangement. Your call. New oil IS better.

Air cooled Onan generator I take care of, now equivalent of 1,000,000 miles at ~ 60 mph, (1800 RPM<) off grid island summer camp, circa 1950, (60 + years!) loves Mobil one and Harley synthetic/Mobil 1 ; much more tolerant of inherent air cooled high temps, better compression, lower running temp, more electricity, by about 10%,  before slowing down. Stuff shines at high temps. And cold. Used to use 20-50 racing Valvoline in it, in fall , hard to crank/start, and it burned oil. No more.

I believe, but more than opinions, there are real reasons .

John