Re: [Chrysler300] Tires & pedals

On the rare occasion I take a car to a show I will NEVER have it judged.  There are far to many experts out there who know everything about every car ever built.  Years ago I got very tired of experts telling me what was wrong with my car even though I had documentation with me to back up the correctness.

My favorite story to share is a number of years ago my friend Wayne Graefen and I drove my Tango Red C300 to a swap meet at Pierce College in LA.  We had made a couple of purchases and returned to the car to put the parts in the trunk.

I was approached by a fellow when I had the trunk key in the lock and he ask, "is this your car".  My first reaction was to be a wise a%% and say something like no, I'm in the process of stealing it.

After quickly telling myself that was not the right thing to do I did reply with a "yes".  His immediate next question is "why did you ruin it"?  I guess I looked at him rather puzzled and said what do you mean?  The next brilliant statement from him "well, everyone knows they only came in white".

At that point I closed the deck lid and walked away even though I had documentation in the trunk to fully prove the "expert" wrong but it wasn't worth my time.  Forget the trophies and enjoy the car and the fellowship as it will take you much further than a piece of plastic and wood.

John Lazenby