From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of 'Mark Lindahl' mplindahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 10:29 AM
To: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] '63 Chrysler 300 Conv. - 413 donut gaskets between exhaust manifold and pipes.

Hello All,

I have a ’63 300 Conv, formerly with a 383, now 413 with dual exhausts.  The exhaust system has been the same for 29 years since I purchased the 300, with both 383 and 413 engines.

In the past, I have had a local muffler shop install what they called “donuts” between the exhaust manifold and the exhaust pipes.  This helped with reducing noise, but also kept the pipes from shaking and hitting the torsion bars, etc.

Now, I am looking for a part number or source to get these “donuts”. Over time, they needed to be replaced since I believe they get crushed.  I do not see them listed in the shop manual.  Any information would be helpful.  Thank you.

Regards,

Mark Lindahl

’63 300 Conv.

PS – I assume this would be the same exhaust set up for 300K 413 non-RAM engine.

Posted by: "Mark Lindahl" <MPLindahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>