RE: [Chrysler300] 300g convertible on eBay

RE: [Chrysler300] 300g convertible on eBay

At the other extreme, I have owned a bog stock (Australian) 1978 Chrysler wagon for over 20 years. It has faded original paint, dents and rust etc but comes in handy carrying  400 kg of junk or 2 m3 of tree prunings to the dump.  See https://www.whichcar.com.au/features/budget-hemi-six-chrysler-valiant-wagon for a very similar car.  The auto died on me one day but has otherwise never let me down.

Weird thing is, on average, every second time I go out in it now someone will give me the thumbs up, or the Australian “Hey Charger” sign https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50BJ9dTBGBw  , or stop me in a car park and want to have a chat about how their father used to have one (makes me feel older than I am).  It isn’t worth much (I am patiently waiting for prices to skyrocket!) but no one has anything bad to say about it, even owners of rival brands.  And no one has ever asked to inspect my battery cable.

Don’t get me wrong.  I like to go to car shows and very much appreciate “perfect” cars.  I wouldn’t be in this club if I didn’t.  However, I am happy to look at any car that has survived 50 years or so that someone has put some effort into restoring.  Especially with all the boring new “appliances” that people buy these days cluttering up the roads.

Cheers

Henry