RE: [Chrysler300] Current News Flight Issue #161

RE: [Chrysler300] Current News Flight Issue #161

Matt et al,

I too, was immediately drawn to the article in the recent News-Flite, thanks for sharing your story and a great one it is!

My brother Ed and I were at the Mecum auction in 2010 (300 content. John Hertog’s “Golden” ’61 300G was being auctioned off, and Ziegler’s Daytona 300F).   Gene Winfield was there with a custom gold early ‘60s Cadillac he was putting up for bid that was on the display field.  We spent about a half hour just talking about his work and cars he’s created, and he mentioned he was close to publishing a book of his work.

Recently I was reviewing some products from Eastwood Co., they have YouTube hosted how-to videos on their products.  On one of the videos, Gene demonstrates how to use lead for bodywork repairs, as Eastwood sells products for that purpose.  I am amazed at how well he does at his age, such an inspiration!

Bob J