From: John Grady <jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 26, 2023 06:46
To: James Douglas <jdd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: chrysler 300 club <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} 1964 lower sill trim nylon clips (A possible solution) and the 300K grill clips.

can you just use a brass washer  on back? maybe you cannot get to it ? by the way i use all brass hardware on trim fasteners   . Also solders beautifully , that can help you a lot by repairing stud or even making new clips by hand out of copper or brass sheet . Easy .

I became a big fan of both epoxy ( jb) and weatherstrip cement ( allowed to dry into a kind  of ball around and behind inside clios or screws  in holes)  , no nuts — epoxy where not going to be taken off or where strength is needed. No one is taking your car apart again ..

—- like the small letters in F medallion— ,factory   c clips rust they fall off,  letters also rattle and move , you lose a letter .  factory threw a ball of dumdum in there over obvious loose letters I think . New car , you wash you see  letters are loose . Factory designs not always stellar

Glue the pins in with WS adhesive have never lost one and you have to work to get it off ( but you can )

I think of it as a mini motor mount .

Some of these new super caulks probably even better , the ones used in brick wall expansion joints . Can’t remember brand right now but dries to tough flexible rubber

Anyway fyi

Sent from my iPhone