Re: {Chrysler 300} 1964 blower fan switch...

Re: {Chrysler 300} 1964 blower fan switch...

it is probably a tapped field shunt motor — no resistors . Don’t know 64 but 60 is brown and green wires . That way no heat to lose.
AC different than non AC obviously . too . AC has that pull switch in 60 , i think that is three speed but I never got into AC blowers
Can’t tap a permanent magnet motor , no wound field . Have to add resistors , big ones ? 100-150 watt , or get Chinese PWM variable drive for 12 v motor . Motor probably 40 A that is 500 W  almost 2/3 Hp
I’d leave it alone … really
I have noticed that air is colder on a lower fan , makes sense , you can only pull so many btu out . Cannot cool hi air flow compared to lower flows with same AC refrigerant flow .
Sent from my iPhone