RE: {Chrysler 300} 300F Brake Shoes/Drums

RE: {Chrysler 300} 300F Brake Shoes/Drums

Just to add to what Noel posted, if your rear drums are able to still take another turn J&G will reline your shoes with a thicker and more modern friction material. They will then be arced specifically to the diameter of the drums.
My experience is that I turned the adjuster all the way down so that the drum would slip on more easily. Just a couple of passes and I could hear the shoes biting.
This is certainly different from the multiple passes necessary to adjust off-the-shelf shoes, which will still only bite first at the bottoms of the shoes, since they are not arced to the specific diameter. The fronts turned out to the max were the worst.
So the bottom of the lining have to wear before the mid and then upper parts can make full contact.
I had J&G reline all of my new off-the-shelf shoes.
My K stops on a dime.

Allan