Re: hidden vin numbers

In a message dated 3/13/2004 3:01:57 AM Eastern Standard Time,
chymar01@xxxxxxx writes:

> the number on the radiator core is not a VIN in '65. they didn't start
> matching those numbers until '69. if the car has no VIN number there is no
> way to
> find the original number.

    Try the lip moulding in the trunk area. If you open the trunk and look on
he drivers side underneath the seal half way down there might be a vin
number. Chrysler as a rule did not use matching vin numbers till 68 or 69 but I have
been told that sme cars had them stamped on the body.  Whether it's true or
not I really dont know.
   If you do not have a VIN tag you can reconstruct the VIN from the fender
tag. I did that with my 63 880. I had no vin tag. I was able to get the
original IBM punch card from Chrysler (copy) by using the fender tag info. The punch
card has you VIN on it as well as you sequence number. That will match up with
your fender tag.  If you have a VIN number (on your paperwork) look at the
sequence number on your fender tag. Those two numbers should match. It can be
done. I have my car registered with a Title here in Florida  and I had NO VIN
TAG!
Bob