Re: Hemi and Powerflite Tranny

Larry, try Hotheads .com, they carry everything you need to adopt a small block 727 to that hemi. Put it in you pick-up, any help I can give you contact me off list. Dennis

Larry <ALIENVOICE@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a '55 Custom Royal Lancer that I will be pulling a 270 Hemi and
Powerflite from later this Spring (whenever or if it gets here), and just want to
know the possibilities on mixing the 270 Hemi with later Torqueflites. Also,
since the '55 has the shifter on the dash (one year only?) will it work with our
push-button transmissions? If so, what year transmissions will it work with
and still retain the push buttons? And, will it work with big block or small
blocks?

Also, since I need to either sell the '55 or part it out (it's pretty solid),
does anyone have a need for any parts or the car itself? I'm really looking
forward to getting on my projects, and need to clear out this car, my '57
D200, a '58 Coronet parts car, my '74 D100 Warlock-look pickup, and my son's '74
Duster and '95 LeBaron convertible.

In case you can't tell by this message with my desire to "thin the herd", I
got in way over my head, and need to get rid of some things so I can focus on
my '57-'59 Coronets, my '64 Fury convertible and a Charger and Challenger, but
need to know what I can use the '55 Dodge 270 Hemi and Powerflite with.

Thanks for your information. If anyone has an engine / tranny matrix, that
would be great too.

LARRY (Akron Ohio, with 9" of snow on Monday, 2" of rain today in the 50s,
and freezing temps tomorrow)

--

----

Dennis