Re: Dumb timing chain install question HELP!

Re: Dumb timing chain install question HELP!

Your opinion counts! We?re conducting a survey for a
computer service/repair company. When you complete our
survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of
ten $100 prizes. Just click
caab6Pib7yoMza/ Val Rad

  Thanks alot on the degree info.  I have a degree wheel, but am concerned
that no piston is at the top of it's travel when the sprockets are matched dot
to dot when set straight up.  Is this normal?  I thought #1 piston would be at
tdc when the crank keyway was at 12 o'clock.  This is a mopar timing set.  No
instructions included.  It's going in a 12.5 to one motor with closed chamber
heads and a 509 cam so I don't need no valve/piston contact.  Do I put the
dial indicator on the lifter?  Also, does the "o" just to the left side of the
crank keyway mean 4 degrees advanced and 4 degrees retard on the right side of
th other keyway?  The center keyway has the "o" straight over the slot. I'm
guessing this means straight up. I figured I'd get this straightened out before
installing the heads and Pushrods. All of m mopar books seem to breese over
this part.   HELP!     Joe