RE: air filter element

Need to find the right school to fit your needs
CollegeInformation.info has already found it. Get educated
on your future ? degrees, financial aid and more!
caab6afb7yoMza/ College Info

Tom,
Thanks for taking the time to check this out for me.  I'll have to visit
our local Autozone.  I appreciate your help...Brian

Thomas R Hansen wrote:

> > The current air cleaner element is 13" O.D. / 11" I.D. / 2" Tall.
> > What
> > I'd like to find is one that is 1 1/2" or 1 5/8" tall.  I checked
> > with
> > NAPA and Car Quest and they don't show any standard size filter
> > shorter
> > than 2" in that diameter. > Anyone have an idea for a source I can
> check that would list
> > dimensions?
> >
> > Brian
> >
>  Brian,   I had some business at Autozone this morning, and took a tape
> measure with me. I found these two filters that might come close to what
> you need. They are STP filters, but you should be able to cross
> reference
> them. SA325, and SA342. There was a fractional difference between the ID
> and OD dimensions you gave, but both were close to the 1 3/4 height you
> need. Take the air cleaner housing with you to the parts store, to check
> the fit.
>  I was looking through the filter boxes, and ran across a very strange
> looking filter, that sent my mind spinning! There has got to be some
> trick set-up that this filter will fit. The number was STP's SA6850
>  It looks like a flying saucer, and has pink pleated filter paper facing
> upward. It almost looks like a K&N cone filter that has been squashed!
> The center has a plastic disc, with two holes spaced in such a way that
> custom billet hold down would look too cool! If you guys can find one to
> look at, you might see something there too. It would probably work good
> as a lid on a standard round filter element, for the hood scoop crowd!
> Remember! You heard it from me first!  Tom

'64 Belvedere
Woodstock, IL.

Let University of Phoenix make 2004 your year. Evening,
weekend or FlexNet® classes ? over 130 locations. Look
into our programs and get the degree that gets you going!
caab6aBb7yoMzf/ UOP

----

b7yoMz.