Re: Fender tag decode assistance?

Need to find the right school to fit your needs
CollegeInformation.info has already found it. Get educated
on your future – degrees, financial aid and more!
caab6afb7yoMza/ College Info

Not sure what the car had originally, but we do know the Max Wedge was not a
factory installation on this car.

To decode the VIN : 3325117XXX
  3 - Plymouth V8
  3 - Fury non-wagon
  2  - 1962 model year
  5 - Los Angeles plant
  117XXX - 17,XXXth car of the LA line

This car was built in LosAngeles.  In 1962 the big engine was a Max Wedge
413, which appeared mid-year.  All Max Wedge 413 Plymouths were built at
Lynch Road in Detroit.  To decode the bottom line of your tag :

DSO Number 1120 7053 BDY 332 TRM 253 PNT WW I.

DSO Number 1120 7053 : Shipping order number where "1120" is the scheduled
build date -
  November 20, 1961 - long before the Max engines were introduced.
  So this thing came from the factory with nothing larger than a 305 hp 361
V8.

BDY 332 : Body Style -
  3 - Plymouh V8
  3 - Fury
  2 - 2-door hardtop

TRM 253 : Interior Trim :
  25 - Vinyl bench seat
  3 - Colour - Cocoa or Cordovan

PNT WW I : Exterior Paint
  W - Roof- Ermine White
  W - Body - Ermine White
  1 - Single tone paint scheme.

I believe "J" is for the engine on 1962 LosAngeles car tags, which means the
"4" was for a 305 bhp 361 V8.

The "V" was for the transmission : 2 - 342 : A727 Torqueflite

I doubt the car was acid dipped.  At least not at the factory! The Fury was
not the car of choice for anyone wanting power.  It was heavier than than
preferred choice, the Savoy 2-door sedan.

As it has a 1963 engine, which was not factory available in 1962, any
modifications you see on this car were probably done after it was delivered
to its first owner.  That includes the roll bar and the lost passenger side
window crank.

If you want it, buy it for what it is.  A 1962 Fury that someone has stuffed
a 1963 Max Wedge engine into and has either gone racing or wants to give the
impressions he has.

Bill
Vancouver, BC